Roasted Cauliflower Cheese Soup featuring our Black Bob Extra Mature Cheddar
Roasted Cauliflower & Cheese Soup, with Black Bob Extra Mature Cheddar
This soup is creamy, rich, and packed with flavour, perfect for a cosy autumn night in for super or a quick and easy lunch.
- 200g Black Bob Extra Mature Cheddar, grated
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 850ml vegetable stock
- 100ml whole milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh thyme to garnish
- Chopped hazelnuts to garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Toss the cauliflower florets in olive oil and spread them out a baking sheet.
- Roast the cauliflower in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until they are tender and have some caramelised edges. Set aside.
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and garlic and sauté until they become translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the flour over the sautéed onions and garlic, stirring continuously. Cook for 2-3 minutes to eliminate the raw flour taste.
- Gradually pour in the vegetable stock while stirring to create a smooth mixture.
- Pour in the milk, stirring continuously to prevent lumps from forming.
- Bring the mixture to a gentle simmer and let it cook for 10-15 minutes or until the soup thickens.
- Use a hand blender or a regular blender to puree the soup until it's smooth.
- Stir in the roasted cauliflower florets.
- Gradually add the grated Black Bob Extra Mature Cheddar, stirring until it's completely melted into the soup.
- Add salt and pepper to taste as needed.
- Ladle the soup into bowls.
- Garnish with fresh sprigs of thyme and chopped roasted hazelnuts, if desired.
- Enjoy your Cauliflower Cheese Soup with crusty bread and lashings of butter.
Watch the 'How To' Video on Instagram